Friday, May 18, 2012

Chapter 4 Question 23_D'Arpa

a. should have been being filled (Verb Phrase)
         /                      \
should (Auxiliary)    have been being filled (VP)
                                   /               \
                   have (Auxiliary)       been being filled (VP)
                                                       /              \
                               been (Aux)                being filled (VP)
                                                                                /         \
                                                             being (Aux)     filled (V)

b. cursed the day I was born the day I was born (Verb Phrase)
        /                                     \
cursed (Verb)                        the day I was born the day I was born (Noun Phrase)
                                                /                                \
                        the (Determiner)    day I was born the day I was born (NP)
                                                       |     |                         \               
                                            day (N)    I (N)         was born the day I was born (VP)

                                                                                  /         |                 \
                                                                      was (Aux)   born (V) the day I was born (VP)
                                                                                                                                |     |           \
                                                                                                        the (D)  day (N)  I (N) was (Aux) born (V)

No comments: